15 Wedding Favor Ideas for Outdoor Weddings and Receptions
Your wedding day is one of the most special days of your life. There is so much to plan and so many people are involved. And while every couple is different, I can tell you that May and June are two of the most popular months for weddings, and outdoor weddings and receptions are especially fun and beautiful this time of year. It’s warm, sunny, breezy, not usually super hot or humid yet, and blue skies are the norm. So it’s a great setting for an outdoor wedding and reception!
If all of your big details are set and the guest list is finished, then you’re on the right track. But how do you put the final touches on your wedding day? How can you make it all your own and extra special? Outdoor weddings do come with a few extra planning steps, so I have compiled a list of outdoor wedding favors that will give you that last bit of help you need! Scroll past the pictures to find out more about each item.
For the kids:
- Round Stress Reliever: These colorful squeezies give kids something to play with.
- Bubble Bauble: Bubbles are fun for everyone. They could be used while exiting the wedding area (instead of throwing rice) and then given to the kids for fun at the reception!
To keep cool:
- Classic Mini Fan: Let’s face it, some people just don’t like being outdoors when it’s warm. And as a result, one of the most frequent complaints about outdoor weddings is the warmer weather! Limit the complaints with this fan.
- Square Hand Fan: These are good, old fashioned paper, but they’ll still help keep your guests cool!
- Flower Bouquet Hand Fan: For more feminine or elegant weddings, this flowered hand fan will match the décor and keep the cheap air conditioning flowing. It’s a win-win!
To keep clean:
- Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer: Some guests are bound to fear germs no matter what. If being at your outdoor wedding and reception is not what they call a good time, you can put them at ease about not having access to a normal sink by giving them these pocket hand sanitizers.
- Tek-Wipes Antibacterial Wet Wipes: These wipes are small, but useful! Keep your guests feeling clean with these convenient, digitally-printed wet wipes.
To avoid sunburn/chapped lips:
- SPF-23 Lip Balm: Your guests’ lips should be hydrated and happy with this lip balm, and they’ll remember your special day after it’s over.
- SPF-30 Sunblock Pocket Pack: Since your guests will be out in the sun, protect their sensitive skin with sunscreen!
- Cool Glow Ice Cubes: These would look so pretty on your reception tables (and extra beautiful at night)!
- Basic Collapsible Koozie Bottle Kooler: These hold an average-sized bottled drink and keep your hands dry from the condensation.
- Universal Soda Lid: Banish the bugs from swimming in guests’ drinks with this cute can lid!
For some extra fun at the reception:
- George Chocolate Cigars: Want to give your guests something to celebrate with (without ruining their lungs)? A chocolate cigar should do the trick!
- Translucent Maracas: Wouldn’t these be fun to party and dance with? Conga line, anyone?
- The Rapper Noisemaker: These would be awesome for an outdoor wedding and they will help you celebrate. Fun crowds make receptions more enjoyable for everyone, so why not!?
These promotional items are my personal choices for outdoor weddings and receptions. There are many more to choose from on our site if you can’t find what you’re looking for in this post. So visit us online and get choosing, because wedding season will be gone before we know it!
What else do you think is important to include at an outdoor wedding? Does an indoor backup plan need to be in mind? What are your experiences with outdoor weddings and receptions? And did I miss any wedding favors that you think should have been on this list?
Being an office assistant at Quality Logo Products allows Amanda to have a workday filled with the variety she loves, including writing with the QLP Blog Squad. She enjoys all kinds of music, movies, and TV shows, most frequently sitcoms like Roseanne and Seinfeld or competitive shows like American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. Often times you will find her at home with her husband, gardening and cooking, or having friends over for a bonfire or a board game night. You can also connect with Amanda on Google+.