Trade shows are among the most important events that a business owner or manager can attend. They allow guests to put a personal face with your company and brand nationwide. If you’re the owner of a business, then it is imperative that you have a staff that knows the product as well as you do. A bad staff can make you a laughing stock from here to the Rockies.
Let’s take a look at some sites that offer some good advice in such a fast-paced nomadic business environment:
- Trade Show Advisor | Trade Show Staffing Strategies: This website gives a good overall view of staffing dos and don’ts – everything from attire expectations to behavior and greetings.
- AICCNC | Show Booth – Etiquette, Body Language & Mistakes: Sometimes it’s the little things that count, or don’t count… This post mentions things you should be on the look out for at your trade show displays.
- George Giokas on BusinessWeek | Trade-Show Etiquette: Excuse Me, I’m Going to Talk to That REAL Client: Which of your visitors are serious and which ones are time-wasters? This article discusses many important details about trade shows and manners.
- Biz Tradeshows | Maintain Trade Show Etiquette at all Times!: Whether your experience is a ho-hum situation or a blockbuster, you should always have a good attitude. Maintaining trade show etiquette is a must no matter how hectic the situation gets!
- WhyDoWork.com | Trade Show Etiquette – Free Mints and First Impressions: Trade show set-up can be a pain, but it’s a pain that must be endured time and time again. The tips in this post should help you get a ticket to the happy sales train.
- CVent | 5 Rules of Etiquette for the Trade Show Floor: You definitely shouldn’t miss these five rules if you’re planning a trade show anytime soon!
- BIG Images | Trade Show Etiquette: This article has the low down from sitting to eating! Make sure you’re on top of the game and don’t engage in ANY of these trade show no-nos.
- All-About-Trade-Show-Exhibits.com | Are You Chewing Gum? The Basics of Trade Show Booth Etiquette: Booth etiquette refers to the conduct, presentation, and performance of your booth. Are you doing everything you can to make the experience fun and professional?
- BNET | Tips & Trends – Expo Etiquette for International Exhibitors: Taking your trade show overseas? This white paper talks about some things you might want to think about….like customs clearance, booth design, and more!
- Skyline Events | Booth Staffers Attitude and Etiquette: Do you know which shirt side your badge should go on? Do you know the percentage of booth visitors who will smile back at you if you smile first? Read this post to find out the answers…and many more.
- Helium | Trade Show Booth Etiquette: This site is a step-by-step guide to a successful trade show outcome. <With video>
- PhonePlus | The Pitch: Exhibit Hall Etiquette: The pitch is what trade shows are all about, and this site will give you some advice on how to pitch with the best of them!
- Ten Online | Trade Show Marketing: This post has A to Z trade show marketing advice from one of the best sites around. It includes trade show musts…production, emergencies, vacations…You name it!
- eHow | How to Network with Trade Show Vendors: Networking is one of the most important things you can do at a trade show, so stay aware because the next good deal could be around the booth.
- ProExhibits | Trade Show Articles: This informative article archive will give you a run down from some of your fellow trade show pioneers – anyone could find something useful here.
- The Mogul Mom | Trade Shows 101: Moms go to trade shows, too! Here are some pointers for the mom on the trade show floor, whether you’re a mommy entrepreneur looking for pitch advice or dos and don’ts. This article has everything!
- Brenda Keener on Suite 101 | Trade Show Booth Staff Basics: You can’t go wrong if you follow the rules – sell, sell, and sell!
- Google Books | Excerpt from The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Trade Shows: Finally – here it is! Everything you always wanted to know about trade shows but were afraid to ask…
- TradeShowMarketing.com | Marketing 101: Why Videotaping Your Trade Show Exhibit Matters: Integrating technology with your trade show? Don’t be left out in the dark, and don’t be left without a buyer. Sometimes the media you pick can make all the sales in the world.
- Amanda Twentyfive on eHow | How to Plan for a Small Trade Show or Vendor Event: Making your own trade show? This can be a lot harder without the proper help! Read this post for some tips for the DIY trade show.
- Huntingnut.com | Gun Show Etiquette: This article discusses dos and don’ts at gun trade shows. Even your industry has nothing to do with guns or hunting, there’s some valuable information and advice here!
- Classic Exhibits | 13 Common Trade Show Mistakes: Check these out and make sure you don’t fall into these traps – they can cause you a financial headache or a traveling nightmare.
- Biz Tradeshows | Tips for Trade Show Endorsement: This post offers tips for trade show endorsement and advertising Putting a show together requires the proper promotion, and if nobody knows its going down….you’ll be going down!
Remember, you can’t always use your local staff when traveling and running out-of-town trade shows, and your surroundings on a business level could at times require cunning and improvisation. Do you have any more advice on trade show etiquette and staffing that you’d like to add in the comments section?