How can a brand master the art of marketing videos (TV commercials, Internet videos, etc…) when it seems so tough? In order for brands to achieve greatness with video marketing, their video must show evidence of all 3 Rs of Video Marketing:
1. Relatability 2. Reaction 3. Result
When you see a video you relate to, you will be led to a reaction. If that reaction is powerful enough, then it will result in an action (i.e. a sale). Here are 6 brands that have mastered the art of marketing through video – and guess what? All of them have strategically tackled the 3 Rs of Video Marketing!
These are my top 6 greatest examples of marketing-through-video and my 3 Rs of Video Marketing reactions that correspond to each video:
1. Relatability- Everyone loves cute kids (especially if they have no-nonsense attitudes).
2. Reaction- You say “aww” when you see him…then, all of a sudden you’re SMACKED in the face with humor!
3. Result- If his Doritos are as important as his Momma, then the chips must be worth eating!
1. Relatability- Vista’s issues tend to annoy a lot of people, so it’s easy for them to understand what’s going on and identify with it.
2. Reaction- You probably think something like: “Wow, they just dissed Windows Vista on TV! That is awesome!”
3. Result- They just pointed out a ton of problems with a PC. Maybe it’s better to order a Mac instead.
1. Relatability- The sayings are easy to understand and they’re flipped around to add a comic twist.
2. Reaction- “If I drink Dos Equis, then I could also be “The Most Interesting Man in the World!”
3. Result- You are entertained and you automatically associate drinking Dos Equis with “being cool.”
1. Relatability- We have all seen the punk driving around in his pimped out auto.
2. Reaction- The catapulted car and the actor’s antics probably shock you and make you laugh.
3. Result- This video makes you more aware of the Volkswagon brand. If you remember the phrase: “German engineering in the house…Yaaa” every time you see a VW, then you’ll also recall the good feeling that commercial gave you and be more likely to purchase one at some point.
1. Relatability- Everyone can relate to the problem of smelling bad (some of us more than others)!
2. Reaction- “I want to be like him (I mean smell like him).”
3. Result- To not have B.O. (Just kidding)! But seriously, these commercials are too bizarre to forget and their viral popularity keeps people talking about Old Spice.
1. Relatability- Everyone has seen a kid throw a temper tantrum at the store (As a friend of mine once said, “Wal-Mart is the best birth control”).
2. Reaction- “I NEVER WANT TO EXPERIENCE THIS!”
3. Result- The child’s actions inspire people to buy their product (need I say more…).
So, the next time you see a video or a commercial, I encourage you to pay attention for the 3 Rs of Video Marketing and how you experience them!
What are your favorite commercials and what were your 3 Rs to the videos?
Bubba is the Quality Logo Products mascot. He may have started out as "just a stress ball," but he's come a long way since the company's launch in 2003. Bubba has been immortalized in numerous vector artwork designs for internal and external promotions, and you can see him change outfits on the Quality Logo Products homepage whenever a holiday rolls around. Oh, and he thinks pants are for the birds. You can connect with Bubba on Google+
Copyright 2003 - 2014 Quality Logo Products, Inc., Registration No. TX7-524-201. All Rights Reserved.