6 Personalized Gifts Your Teacher Will Appreciate
Teachers are an essential part of our lives, yet their efforts are often underappreciated. So why not show your thanks by giving the teachers in your life some fun (and useful) promo products? If you need an excuse, there’s the back-to-school season, of course, but also World Teachers’ Day in October, the holiday season in December, National Teacher Day in May, and the end of the school year in May and June. So whether you’re a student, parent, fellow teacher, school administrator, or just a friend, you have plenty of opportunities to honor educators at all levels.
Note: These items have low minimum order quantities, making them practical options when ordering gifts for your favorite teachers. The stress balls are the only exception; these may be better suited for school staffers giving gifts to a large department or to a whole district.
Without further ado, here are a few teacher-inspired gift ideas:
- Apple Squeezie: A stress ball can ease the tension after a long day of lecturing, grading, and corralling youngsters, and it gives your teacher’s desk a bit of flair, too. Is the classic apple not your thing? Try a stress ball inspired by the school mascot, a more standard shape in school colors, or something that fits your teacher’s specialties—maybe a brain for the science professor or a music note for the marching band director.
- Paper Clip Flash Drive: With 1 GB of space, this thumb drive can carry lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, and hundreds of other digital files. This particular flash drive is a paperclip, too, and can therefore be clipped to a folder or notebook. For a personal touch, consider loading a thank you note to the drive before gifting it.
- White Board Marker Set: Dry-erase markers are vital for any teacher using a whiteboard in the classroom. They are also easy to misplace and don’t last forever, which means a teacher can always use a few more. This set comes with a container that doubles as a stand, making the markers less likely to get lost in the dark recesses of a desk drawer.
- Slimline Stainless Steel Tumbler: A drink on the go is convenient in many professions, teaching included. You can find a variety of travel mugs at QLP, but this one is especially nice for its sleek look and 16-oz. capacity. Plus, it’s insulated, so that coffee will stay hot and that iced tea cold.
- Medium Snap Tote Bag: Teachers haul books, assignments, planners, and all manner of supplies back and forth to work, often on a daily basis. A bag like this one can help make that load a little easier, especially with a snap closure to keep everything secure. You’ve got a variety of colors to choose from, too—why not get one in school colors?
- Total Comfort Spa Kit: If you want your teacher to rest, relax, and reenergize, go for a spa kit. This kit comes in a pouch small enough to tuck in a drawer (or in that tote bag) and contains an eye mask, face massage roller, and hand/foot massage ball. It’s perfect for some quick relaxation at lunch or after all the kids have gone home.
Remember that you have lots of imprint options as well. The school name or mascot might seem like the obvious choice, but don’t forget about other ideas like an inspirational quote, a personal note, or the teacher’s name. Teachers shape us into who we are, and any reason to appreciate them is a good one—and personalized products like these can make a lasting impact!
What are your favorite promo items for teachers? Can you think of other items that a teacher would like?
When not writing for the blog, Rachel is a data entry specialist at QLP. She spends most of her free time consuming a variety of geeky TV shows, movies, and books, as well as funny cat videos and other Internet oddities. Otherwise, she moonlights as an editor for a literary magazine and tries to spend as much quality time as she can with friends and family. You can also connect with Rachel on Google+.