Think you have to pay a lot for a cell phone and put up with bad service? Think you have to wait a year or two before upgrading your device? Think you have no option but to use one of the few major cell phone companies? Think again!
We have so many more choices in today’s cell phone market than we did even five years ago. And believe it or not, one of the best options to take advantage of is a prepaid cell phone plan. Using a prepaid cell can give you more flexibility and control, plus you can save a ton of money each year, too! This option is making a comeback and impacting the future of the cellular telephone industry.
Prepaid cell phones have become more popular in the past few years because people are getting fed up with the surprise fees, bad customer service, and high monthly costs associated with a traditional cell phone (and I can completely understand their frustration). I have had two regular contract cell plans and three prepaid plans throughout the years, and I can tell you—prepaid is better! I know exactly what my bill will be each and every month (not to mention, it’s super affordable!), I can easily afford a new phone anytime I want one (my current one cost me only $10), my service is always excellent, and I get to use it a ton. No minute counting here!
So how can you save money and get a great deal on your cell phone plan, you ask? It’s really easy these days. All you need to do is a little research to find the plan that’s right for you, and switch. You’d be surprised how much it can cut down on costs!
Here are two of the most popular prepaid plans right now:
$50 per month for unlimited talk, text, web, 411, IM, email, and walkie talkie service just like Nextel used to have. Think about it—I know some people who are paying $100+ every month for the same thing Boost is offering here. And why? Beats me! Look at it this way: $50 savings over 12 months is $600. I’d much rather spend $600 on something else—or save it!
- New and updated devices for today’s modern cell phone user—including Blackberry and Android options.
- Plans now have “shrinkage”! Every six months you pay your bill, your monthly cost goes down by $5. So after a year and a half (less than a contract term with most other cell providers) your bill is only $35 for unlimited usage. I know, so awesome!
- Boost Mobile is owned and operated by Sprint, so not only will you get their great reception and service, but you can also use an old Nextel or Sprint phone with Boost—so you don’t even have to spend money on a new one.
This is the plan I currently have, and I love it! They offer two simple plans: The Unlimited Plan or All you Need Plan. They are both excellent options, but Boost’s unlimited plan is a better option since they have the Shrinkage included. So, for Straight Talk, I’d recommend using the All you Need Plan.
$30 per month for 1,000 talk minutes, 1,000 text or picture messages, 30MB of web usage, and included 411 calls.
- Nice phones available for very reasonable rates. They have refurbished options as well.
- When you compare this plan at $30 per month, and similar plans from one of the giant companies at $80 per month, you can easily save $50 per month or $600 per year!
- Straight Talk is owned and operated by Tracfone, the #1 Prepaid wireless carrier, so you’re going to get great coverage and service, too.
Prepaid cell phones aren’t a thing of the past…they may be the future! There is a ton of money to be saved, contracts to be shredded, and your happiness to regain from ditching your old, expensive cell phone company. I made the switch three years ago and would never go back. Plus, on top of all the perks I mentioned, prepaid cells are expanding their coverage and becoming more modern with advanced phone options. They’re more affordable now than they’ve ever been.
What is your current cell phone situation like? Are you happy with the service and price you’re receiving? Would you ever consider a prepaid cell plan?