Stress is a part of our daily lives, but proper stress management techniques can help minimize the problems associated with it. Stress has an effect on all people in a variety of ways. For college students, stress can be overwhelming; it is sometimes impossible to deal with the pressure to get good grades, find a good job in a certain field, finish papers on time, and deal with being away from home for the first time! However, students can achieve serenity by understanding stress and how to overcome it.
What is Stress?
Stress is the body’s reaction to events around us. Stress increases heart rate and blood pressure and can have an impact on our health by giving us headaches, stomach aches, and a general feeling of tenseness. It causes physical and emotional problems and could lead to long-term health problems if not put in check!
How to Manage Stress Prior to Exams
· Get organized – Organize your daily life. Wake up at a set time and complete your assignments at a regular time each day.
· Improve your study habits – Studying is one of those necessary evils. No one likes to study, but it's a necessary part of doing well in school. Find a time and place where you can study in peace. A trip to the library might just be the ticket to get some quality study time.
· Find a happy place – If the weather is nice, studying outside can be a great stress reliever. Find a nice spot on the lawn, put out a blanket, and grab your books. Plus, you'll be getting Vitamin D!
· Don’t be all work and no play – Find a little time to relax and get away from your studies. A concert, a sporting event, or another on-campus event will help take your mind off your exams – at least for a little while. You could also try using stress balls!
How to Manage Stress During Exams
· Relax – Once you have completed your studying, don’t stress on the exam. Just relax and do the best you can.
· Breathe – Before starting your exam, or if you need a break during the exam, take a few deep breaths to help clear your mind. Having a clear mind will help you focus.
· Exam answers – The best way to complete your exam is to go through it and first answer the questions that you know. Either leave blank or put a mark by the other questions. Once you’ve gone through the exam, go back to the questions you skipped and take another look at them. Something else on the exam could have triggered the answers in your mind!
· Managing Stress – A good resource guide for students.
· Totally Stressed Out – Resource for students and others to manage stress.
· Study Tips and Stress Relief – Help on how to get through the end of the semester.
· How to Cope With Exam Stress – A PDF presentation on how students can deal with exam stress.
|Article By Bubba|
Bubba is the Quality Logo Products mascot. He may have started out as "just a stress ball," but he's come a long way since the company's launch in 2003. Bubba has been immortalized in numerous vector artwork designs for internal and external promotions, and you can see him change outfits on the Quality Logo Products homepage whenever a holiday rolls around. Oh, and he thinks pants are for the birds. You can connect with Bubba on Google+.
Inspired by Office Space: 5 Stress-Killing Promotional Products
What to Do to Relieve Stress
Stress Management Tips
Exam Time Stress Management Tips
How to Deal with Job Stress
How to Relieve Stress for Customer Service Reps
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Resources
Stress Management: Basic Principles
Tips for Managing Stress
What is Stress?