Teacher appreciation shouldn’t be just a day or week. It should last the entire school year! Whether it’s elementary, college, high school, or preschool, good teachers rock and deserve something special to show how much they’re valued.
Do you want to buy a gift for your favorite teacher? Maybe you just need something cute to write in a handwritten card. Either way, here are a ton of A+ teacher sayings and quotes to make your favorite educators feel special.
Here are 70 teacher appreciation sayings to kick off the school year!
70 Teacher Appreciation Sayings and Quotes
- Real heroes teach [insert subject here].
- Teach. Shower. Repeat.
- First teach, then the beach.
- You’ve got class!
- Saved by the bell.
- Live & Learn.
- Move over Batman, teachers are the true heroes!
- Only the brave choose to teach.
- I teach, therefore I am.
- I’m not like a regular teacher, I’m a cool teacher.
- May your coffee be
strong and your
students be calm.
- Ready to teach – rain or shine.
- Born to teach.
- A++ Teacher.
- Talent Energy Awareness Compassion Humor
- Teachers like you come along once in a blue moon.
- If you can read this, thank a teacher.
- Have you thanked a teacher today?
- You’re one smart apple.
- I help create light bulb moments.
- Too cool for school.
- You rock!
- My teacher is a rockstar.
- How sweet it is to be taught by you.
- World’s best teacher.
- Teachers change the world.
- Teachers change the
world… even on Mondays.
- It takes a big heart to shape little minds.
- Best teacher ever.
- #1 teacher.
- There is no substitute for you!
- Forget Disney World, your classroom is the happiest place on Earth!
- You make learning sweet!
- The influence of a teacher can never be erased.
- You’re one smart cookie!
- Keep calm and teach on.
- Teaching MVP
- “Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.” – Japanese Proverb
- “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.” – Chinese Proverb
- “I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks.” – William Shakespeare
- “Today was good, today was fun! Thank you, thank you everyone!” – Dr. Seuss
- “Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The road to freedom – here and everywhere on earth – begins in the classroom.” – Hubert Humphrey
- “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love.” – Maya Angelou
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry Adams
- “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
- “Tell me and I forget.
Teach me and I
me and I learn.”
– Benjamin Franklin
- “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “You can’t stop a teacher when they want to do something. They just do it.” – J.D. Salinger
- “I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” – Robert Frost
- “Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.” – John Steinbeck
- “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – W.B. Yeats
- “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
- “Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids to work together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.” – Bill Gates
- “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” – Confucius
- “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” – Aristotle
- “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “It is the supreme art of
teacher to awaken joy in
– Albert Einstein
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
- “When the raindrops come tumbling, remember you’re the one who can fill the world with sunshine.” –Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
- “I will be a teacher because being a teacher is the most worthy thing a person can be.” – Lola, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
- ‘Carpe diem. Seize the day. Make your lives extraordinary.” – John Keating, Dead Poets Society
- “Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle, The Magic School Bus
- “Whatever kind of ambition it took to do what you did around here, this world could use a lot more of it.” – Carol Boone, Remember the Titans
- “As we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” – Coach Ken Carter, Coach Carter
- “Somewhere inside all of us is the power to change the world.” – Roald Dahl, Matilda
- “If you search your heart and listen to its instruction, you won’t go wrong.” – Mr. Feeny, Boy Meets World
- “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” – Professor Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter
Do you need sayings for a teacher appreciation gift? Print a small clipart image next to your favorite teacher quote!
Check out this library for 1,000 free clipart you can download!
What Are the Best Teacher Appreciation Gifts?
Gratitude can only go so far, but a good gift is forever. Print your favorite teacher appreciation sayings directly on the items. You can also print the quote on a cute gift tag!
Here are some ideas for the best teacher appreciation gifts!
Custom Travel Mugs
It’s impossible to grade all those papers, deal with discipline, and sharpen minds without a big cup of coffee! Any teacher would love to receive a custom travel mug as a gift.
Teacher Saying: Ca is for Caffeine
Personalized Tote Bags
A stylish tote bag can be used every day to carry school supplies and other odds and ends to the classroom. The bag also works overtime since it’s great to bring to the beach during summer vacation!
Teacher Saying: You’re Tote-ally Amazing!
Cute Stress Balls
Teachers are human, and with so many demands from parents, faculty, and the state, it can get extremely stressful to do their job. Help them deal with the drama with custom stress balls that look like apples, pencils, or hearts.
Teacher Saying: Thanks for “squeezing” in so much time for learning.
A soft, casual tee will be any teacher’s new favorite thing to wear on casual Fridays. Choose a neutral color and print a teacher appreciation saying on the front.
Teacher Saying: World’s Best Teacher
Sweets & Treats
Whether it’s a jar of candy, popcorn, or mints, every teacher loves a snack! Treat your teachers to something delicious they can snack on during passing periods.
Teacher Saying: It’s been a treat being in your class this year!
Who wouldn’t want to look at a beautiful engraved paperweight on their desk every morning? Put a smile on your teacher’s face with this special gift!
Teacher Saying: Great teachers are forever!
Red Ink Pens
A red pen is a hallmark of any teacher’s supply closet. Try to find one with smooth ink that won’t run out until the bell rings on the last day of school.
Teacher Saying: Excuse me, I’ve got grading to do.
Neoprene Lunch Bags
Mmm, it’s finally lunch time! Print a funny teacher saying on the front of a trendy neoprene lunch bag.
Teacher Saying: My Favorite Subject…Lunch.
You don’t have to be an English teacher to love using a hardcover journal. Hand one out to the entire teaching staff, from the science nerds to the history buffs.
Teacher Saying: #1 Teacher
After a long day, your teachers still have to go home and make a healthy meal. It will be so much easier if you give them nice custom kitchenware as a gift.
Teacher Saying: Cooking up new ideas.
If you’re on a budget, you don’t have to buy anything fancy to show love to your favorite teachers. Classics like chocolate, gift cards, mugs, food, balloons, or flowers are welcome gifts that never go out of style.
Just pair your appreciation gifts with a good teacher quote or cute saying, and you’ll get an A+ every time!
More Ideas for Teacher Appreciation
Are you giving your teacher candy?
Pair the sweets with any of these cute teacher appreciation sayings!
- World’s sweetest teacher
- How sweet it is to be taught by you!
- Better than an apple!
Are you giving your teacher cookies?
Pair the cookies with any of these cute teacher appreciation sayings!
- If you give a teacher a cookie…
- You’re one smart cookie!
- “C” is for Cookie
Are you giving your teacher a gift card to a restaurant?
Pair the gift card with any of these cute teacher appreciation sayings!
- You’re the whole enchilada! (for a taco restaurant)
- We donut know what we’d do without you! (for a donut shop)
- You’ve stolen a pizza my heart! (for a pizzeria)
Are you giving your teacher a coffee mug?
Pair the mugs with any of these cute teacher appreciation sayings!
- You mean a latte to me!
- Thanks a latte!
- You warm my heart!
Are you giving your teacher a candle?
Pair the candles with any of these cute teacher appreciation sayings!
- Keep calm and teach on!
- No one holds a candle to you!
- We’re de-lighted by you!
What to Write in a Teacher Appreciation Card
Words of gratitude go a long way. If you’re writing a thank you card to your teacher, skip the inspirational quotes, puns, and cute sayings. It’s much better to write a note that comes straight from your heart.
Are you ready to write the best teacher appreciation card? Follow these tips!
Write the Teacher’s Name
You probably learned how to write a personal letter in elementary school. The same rules apply to writing a thank you card. Start by addressing the teacher by name at the top.
Don’t just write “thank you.” Zero in on what makes this specific teacher special. Maybe he/she taught your child how to read, or navigated a big crisis like COVID-19. The more specific you are, the more meaningful the card will be.
Share a Memory
Teachers get a new batch of students every year, so it’s hard to remember them all. Refer to your favorite memory together, or a funny moment that happened in the classroom.
End With a Takeaway
Are you ready to wrap up your thank you note? Tell the teacher what you/your child is going to take away from the class. How did this teacher help you grow? This closing statement shows the teacher that every stressful moment was worth it in the long run.
It’s easy to Google ideas for “thank you card prompts” and “funny teacher appreciation sayings,” but you should aim for authenticity.
You should tell the teacher what makes them awesome. Those words mean more than anything that Hallmark could write!
When is Teacher Appreciation Day?
Mark your calendars! Teacher Appreciation Day is on the first Tuesday of the first full week of May each year. Some schools also use that entire week to show their teachers some love!
There are currently 3.2 billion people that work as teachers in the United States, and every single one is molding minds and making the world better.
You can acknowledge their hard work with cute teacher appreciation sayings, handwritten notes, and awesome personalized gifts. Every teacher will appreciate these heartfelt gestures, whether it’s in the classroom or on those much-needed weekends!
Kositsky, M. (2020, June 16). Education Statistics: Facts About American Schools. Retrieved from,
Quality Logo Products®
are experts on all things printed and promotional. Let our team of awesome, incredibly good looking, and fun promo nerds help you select awesome promotional swag today!