Important Things to Know When Buying Custom Calendars
Ask somebody to name an incredibly effective promotional product, and most people at first will look at you blankly and go, “A promotional what, now?” The ones who answer after you ask a second time and maybe explain what you mean will probably suggest a popular product like a pen or a t-shirt. Those are great items, no doubt (otherwise we wouldn’t sell them), but there’s another kind of item that often gets overlooked: calendars.
Why Choose Calendars?
We suspect that a lot of people don’t think of customizing calendars sooner because many calendars already include images selected by the company that made them. What’s left to add? a business owner might wonder. To that, we can only answer with small suggestions—you know, the company name, the address where customers can find it, little details like those.
Like other promotional products, calendars put your business’ information right in front of customers’ eyes. So among all the products out there, what makes calendars so handy when it comes to advertising?
- They provide visual appeal without the need to hire an art team. Stunning imagery catches people’s attention, no doubt, but even if hiring a designer to create your next batch of advertising materials isn’t in the budget, the pictures on promotional calendars will still turn your customers’ heads.
- They’re cost-effective. Not only are many calendars available at budget-friendly prices, they also last longer than many other kinds of ads, like TV spots or banner ads on websites that disappear as soon as someone turns off the screen. With calendars, that’s a year of advertising taken care of with one purchase!
- They’re useful, and they offer customers something of value. Business cards communicate a lot of the same information that calendars do, but what else do they do for the client? Calendars help them keep track of appointments and make sure they’re writing the correct year on their checks during those wobbly few weeks at the beginning of January.
All of this makes customized calendars a fantastic investment once you choose the one that best represents your brand.
What Kinds of Calendars Are There, and Who Uses Them?
We can’t exactly say that we offer a different type of calendar for every day of the year, but there are a number of choices available.
1. Wall Calendars
Wall calendars are often seen in garages, dorm rooms, and offices where the employees are allowed to customize their cubicle walls. If you’re looking to capture your customers’ glances with beautiful photography, wall calendars provide the greatest number of choices.
- Great for promoting: restaurants, retail stores, and religious organizations (hey, three R’s!)
- Tip: wall calendars work well as in-store giveaways, when you can give this large item directly to customers without having to pay gargantuan shipping fees.
2. Deskpad Calendars
Deskpad calendars in most cases are thin enough to store underneath a keyboard, though they work fine as desktop décor on their own. Few come with visuals as lavish as most wall calendars do, but their large size ensures that your customers will see you company’s name every time they come in to work.
- Great for promoting: consulting firms, office supply retailers
- Tip: the oversized paper of many deskpads makes them ideal for the tops of executives’ desks.
3. Desk Calendars
Small desk calendars are a fine alternative to deskpads for people who don’t spend their days sitting behind massive slabs of mahogany to do their work. Simple and affordable, desk calendars help workers keep track of the days any time they glance away from their screens.
- Great for promoting: payroll service providers and similar B2B companies, school clubs and organizations, tutoring service providers
- Tip: if you’re looking for a useful giveaway item for the start of the college semester, try desk calendars. They’ll add some practicality to the dorm room look and help students remember when to turn in their assignments.
4. Day Planners
Day planners take the daily brand awareness that traditional calendars provide and kick it up a bit, if a calendar can kick anything. They fit well in pockets and purses, meaning that whenever your customers are out and about and need to check their schedules, they’ll see your company’s logo.
- Great for promoting: banks, financial planning services, hospitals and physicians’ offices
- Tip: check the material that the day planner is made from and the type of imprints available before you make your choice. Many day planners come with leather covers for added elegance you’d give to a client, but some are made from cost-effective vinyl.
5. Calendar Magnets
Calendar magnets are small in size but big on promotional value. If your customers lack wall space and are unlikely to carry large bags but have a file cabinet or a refrigerator in dire need of decoration, calendar magnet are an excellent solution.
- Great for promoting: any organization or business that needs a small but practical giveaway, including restaurants, home repair providers, schools, and nonprofit organizations
- Tip: calendar magnets are practical giveaways at trade shows and conventions, where guests can simply slip them into their pockets, and as part of direct mail campaigns, when their flat shape lets them squeeze conveniently into envelopes.
What Else Should I Know Before Ordering?
Before you choose the right calendar to represent your company for twelve months, here are some other tips to keep in mind:
- Think carefully about the information you want to include in the imprint space. What’s the best way for customers to get in touch with you—phone? E-mail? Be sure you leave space for it in your imprint! Some calendars even have room for a slogan or a quote. If there’s a saying that embodies the spirit of your business, ask if you can include that, too!
- Though most calendars feature a theme, like American muscle cars or motivational imagery or naked booties from around the world (we don’t judge), some calendars can be customized with your own photo on the cover. A custom calendar cover can be a great way to show off your company’s products. Take a look at the calendar’s dimensions, and work with your art team to create an image that puts the space to great use.
- As you can probably imagine, calendars are especially popular giveaway items come December and early January. “New year, new promo items,” isn’t that how the saying goes? Prepare for the holiday rush, and order your calendars well in advance!
If you’re ready to get your hands on some custom calendars today, our friendly customer service representatives would be happy to help! You can reach our customer service team by phone (866-312-5646), by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or via our live chat.