Other Lessons in This Course
- What Materials Are Used for Koozies?
- Types of Plastic
- Guide to Materials: Polypropylene, Polyester, and Nylon
- Differences Between Pill and No-Pill Fleece
- 50/50 vs. 100% Cotton T-Shirts
- What is Neoprene?
- Different Types of Lead
- BPA Promotional Products
- What is Proposition 65?
- Ounces in Garments
- What Materials Are Used for Koozies?
- Do Stress Balls Work?
- Different Types of Inks and Their Uses
- Different Types of Pens and Their Uses
- Different Types of Tote Bag Materials
- What Are the Different Types of Mugs?
- What Are the Different Types of Adhesives?
When you picture a custom koozie, your mind might jump right to the foam beer sleeves you often see decorating drinks at tailgates and company picnics. There's actually a wide variety of materials available for these drink coolers beyond just foam. You might be wondering: "What kind of material are koozies made of?" The short answer is koozies are made of everything from high-end fabrics like denim and leather to cheaper materials such as polyurethane and polyester.
Put on your thinking caps and get ready to explore the wonderful world of promotional koozies!
Since neoprene is used to make wetsuits, it makes for a much sturdier, thicker can koozie that's completely waterproof. This type of can sleeve is more durable, flexible, and offers better insulation than any other material
What Are the Different Materials for Koozies?
The koozie started as a simple puffy cylinder, but eventually graduated to the collapsible drink holder we’ve come to know and love today. While neoprene and foam may be the most common material for your custom koozies, there are a ton of other options to consider.
- Stainless Steel
Denim: Don't think of denim as exclusive to jeans and vests often worn by rebellious teens in the 1950s. This material actually makes for a unique can holder.
Burlap: For those who are aware of going green, these burlap koozies make for a wonderful promotional product. As an added bonus, they'll stand out in a sea of foam and neoprene koozies.
Yarn: Sure, adorable kittens often play with balls of yarn when they're not busy taking a nap. It turns out yarn also makes your custom koozies look extra cozy.
Polyurethane: Of course, one of our favorite polyurethane creations on the planet is the custom stress ball, but we're willing to give this can cooler second place.
PVC: When you think of PVC, you probably think of an industrial warehouse or plumbing. Turns out, you can also use polyvinyl chloride to keep your drink nice and cold.
Rubber: You've probably splish-splashed in the bath with a rubber duck at some point in your life. Have you ever wish-washed a cold drink using a rubber koozie?
Stainless Steel: When you want your promotional products to be slightly classier than normal, stainless steel is the way to go. That's why a sleek can insulator is such a memorable giveaway item.
Polyester: Slimy car salesmen may wear polyester suits when they are trying to sell a lemon. Don't let that stop you from giving koozies made from polyester a try.
Do Koozies Keep Drinks Cold?
It's definitely awesome to have so many choices for personalized koozies, but how well do they actually work? After all, what does it matter if your promotional can cooler is made from neoprene if it doesn't actually keep your beverage chilled? We put four of our most popular custom koozies to the test in this exclusive koozie experiment:
As you can see in the video, each koozie worked differently in terms of keeping the can's temperature. These were the custom can holders put to the test:
- Business Card Koozie Can Kooler - Made from styrene-butadiene rubber, this custom koozie is available in 25 eye-catching colors and features a clear plastic window that can hold a business card.
- Kolder Kaddy Neoprene - As the name suggests, this custom can holder is made from neoprene (the same material in wetsuits). With its large imprint area, your custom design will be visible with each sip.
- Budget Collapsible Foam Can Holder - The best part about these custom foam koozies is they are compact and can easily fit in your pocket or bag.
- Pocket Can Holder - This extremely versatile personalized can holder is made from high-quality polyurethane and comes with your imprint screen-printed on the front.
When the experiment began each soda can was at an average temperature of about 46 degrees. After letting them sit for about an hour in room temperature, each can had gotten significantly warmer. The rubber and custom neoprene koozies had the coldest temperature, only increasing by 16 degrees. The foam can holder raised the temperature by 20 degrees, but is the most cost efficient of the entire selection. This still doesn't compare to the whopping 22 degrees the temperature raised with no can holder!
Our little koozie experiment shows just how effective custom can holders are at keeping your drinks cold. Bottom line: You can't go wrong dressing your bottle or can in a personalized can koozie!
No matter what material you choose for your custom koozie, this insulated beverage cooler is a great promotional product for any occasion. Neoprene and foam may be the most popular, but there are plenty of stylish alternatives such as leather and stainless steel. The choice is yours when it comes to keeping your drink and brand as cool as possible!