When Was the USB Invented?
The USB was invented in 1996. The goal was to create a device for your PC that allowed other devices to sync up to it without needing a variety of cords. As technology continues to become faster and gain more storage, USBs follow suit as newer versions always emerge in the market.
Check out the progression of USB's with this helpful chart!
- USB 1.0 – released January 1996
- USB 1.1 – released August 1998
- USB 2.0 – released April 2000
- USB 3.0 – released November 2008
- USB 3.1 – released July 2013
- USB 3.2 – released September 2017