Skip to main content

What is CLC & Will it Affect My Order?

Frequently Asked Questions Important Notices

Are you having a casual party with old college friends? It would be fun to print your school's logo on personalized shirts to give everyone, but don't start that order just yet! You're going to need to work with a vendor that's licensed through the CLC.

The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) is a trademark and licensing company that protects the logos of over 600 colleges and universities in the United States.

They also work with major athletic conferences and tournaments like the Liberty League, Hockey East Association, and most notably, the Rose Bowl.

Do I Need a License to Print College Logos?

Some schools require a license through the CLC to print their logos. You could get into legal trouble for wrongly using a collegiate logo, so definitely do your homework.


As of July 2021, this link provides the full list of collegiate organizations that are protected by the CLC.

Did you know?

Do you want to use a fraternity or sorority logo? You need a separate license through Affinity Licensing to print Greek letters or symbols.

Does Quality Logo Products Have a License?

At this time, Quality Logo Products does not hold a license to print any of the logos protected by the CLC. You have to work with a vendor that has a license if you want to print any protected collegiate logos on branded merch.


Quality Logo Products® is Here to Help!

You probably don't spend your free time reading about licenses. If you're at all unsure how the CLC works, our team is just a call or email away! Reach out with your questions or concerns, and we'll get you answers.

Do you have other questions? You may find your answers by exploring other frequently asked questions.

See it with your logo

Still Have Questions?

Today We Are Open: 7:00am - 5:00pm (CST)