How are Plastic Water Bottles Made?
Reusable plastic water bottles are made using a variety of different plastics including PVC, polypropylene, and PET. Some are BPA-free, while others contain chemicals that could be harmful to your drinking water.
A plastic water bottle is made by:
- Step 1: Plastic pellets are fed into a hopper.
- Step 2: The pellets are dyed with colored ink.
- Step 3: The colorful pellets are pushed through a heated tube, which melts them down.
- Step 4: This melted goo is injected into molds.
- Step 5: The plastic goes through one more round of molding.
- Step 6: The plastic is reheated so it's flexible.
- Step 7: The plastic is shaped into the water bottle.
- Step 8: The plastic is cooled, the lid is created separately, and the water bottle is ready for packaging.