Everyone can use a face mask from time to time. Many people wear them on a daily basis. And this sort of frequent usage provides you with a great opportunity to get your brand name seen by a lot of different people (everyone the person wearing the mask passes). The Reusable
What is PPE?
PPE is an abbreviation that stands for "personal protective equipment." It is used to classify products, such as face masks, rubber gloves, and plexiglass shields. that are used to slow down the spread of viruses and bacteria.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) classifies the following items as PPE:
- Face masks
- Hand sanitizer
- Antibacterial wipes
- Rubber gloves
- Protective eyewear
- Surgical gowns
- Plexiglass shields & sneeze guards
Can Medical Supplies Be Reused?
Some medical supplies, like cloth face masks and sneeze guards, can be reused. However, most of it is disposable and is considered hazardous waste. Make sure to properly throw your PPE products in a waste receptacle after use.
How PPE Should Be Maintained and Stored
You should store your PPE products in a safe, room temperature environment. Hot temperatures could affect your sanitizer and cause the alcohol to evaporate, while your face mask should be kept in a clean toiletry bag.
Who Needs to Use PPE Products?
Healthcare workers need to use PPE products every day while interacting with patients. Many other places, like restaurants, salons, retail stores, and schools, can also use hand sanitizer to create a safer environment during the pandemic.
Will PPE Protect Me From Coronavirus?
PPE products are designed to protect other people from your germs, even if you don't think you're sick. Every little thing you do, whether it's wearing a face mask or sanitizing your hands, helps protect other people during a pandemic like the coronavirus (COVID-19).
What is the Search Volume for Medical Supplies?
Google saw an increase in searches for medical supplies and PPE gear like face masks, hand sanitizer, and plexiglass shields. Take a look at how traffic was affected on the search engine!
Face masks have boomed in popularity during the pandemic. The search volume was non-existent on Google, but by 2020, there was a 4,600% boost in traffic!
Hand sanitizer has always been fairly popular, but the pandemic made it more desirable than ever before. In fact, search volume spiked by about 179% in just a week.
Searches for antibacterial wipes skyrocketed in early March, right when the shelter-in-place went into effect in many states.
Thermometers were something people maybe had in their medicine cabinets. Now you can barely find them in stores! The search volume was at an all-time high in mid-March of 2020.
Unless you own a buffet, you probably weren't thinking about sneeze guards before 2020. As businesses started reopening in May, people went to Google to find plexiglass shields to place in front of their reception desks and cash registers.
2020 started with barely any searches for rubber gloves, but searches started to climb throughout late March and early April.
General Stats About PPE Products
- According to the Advertising Specialty Institute, the top five PPE products include:
- Face Masks
- Hand Sanitizer
- Neck Gaiters
- Face Shields
- The PPE market is expected to cross $80 billion by 2026. (Source: Global Market Insights)
- The federal government ordered 500 million respirator masks for healthcare workers due to a shortage during the COVID-19 pandemic. (Source: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services)
- It's estimated that 89 million face masks will be needed globally every month during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. (Source: World Health Organization)
- Drugstores experienced an 80.7% growth in hand sanitizer sales in February 2020 during the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. (Source: Statista)
- Demand for digital thermometers has skyrocketed to over 300% in the United States due to the pandemic. (Source: The Charlotte Observer)
- Plexiglass and acrylic sheets are projected to experience a 15% to 20% annual growth rate during the pandemic. (Source: Bloomberg)